Thursday 17 November 2016

[Healy Weekend] - New Heroes - rough drawing stage


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2fZ4JOJ

The first stage (after thumbnailing) of an image I'm working on for the upcoming exhibition. I found working directly on paper too slow and caused problems that were too difficult to fix.
For this one I planned it out in Photoshop and then printed (and later transferred it again to better paper) to be inked properly with pens. A very convoluted way to produce these images, which is taking me longer to produce.
The whole thing is reminding me why I prefer working directly into Photoshop. I use to do it this way when preparing an image to be scanned.

The finished image might not appear in the exhibition. I will see how that goes. I might tease with more of these rough images in the run up to the exhibition. I will post the finished work after the exhibition has ended.

No comments: