Sunday 5 November 2017

They Called Her Vivaldi



via Instagram http://ift.tt/2hJl11H



I'm busy with other things that I am already very late with, so I didn't have much time to spend on this.

I went to see a performance of "They called her Vivaldi" in the Hawk's Well Theatre, Sligo.

The show itself was something that caught my eye when it was advertised for the Linenhall, Castlebar, but I was unable to attend the day it was on. I don't know if it was because Louis Lovett was in it (I had only ever saw him in the TV show "Killinaskully," so I wanted to see what else he was capable of), or the eye catching promotional images (which have a steam punk vibe), but I wanted to see this and was willing to travel to Letterkenny or Dublin. 
I wasn't dissapointed! I'm not use to going to theatre, so I might just be easily impressed. I loved the use of lighting and how it could change the location and atmosphere. And Lovett did an incredible job giving each of his many characters a unique presence on the stage. 
The actress performing as Vivaldi alternates from location to location. In Sligo we had Julie Maguire. Again, I have nothing to compare it to, but she made her character quirky and very memorable.

No comments: