Monday 22 April 2019

Super Mario buying a book on plumbing


Drawing: 2h pencil, pocket brush, A5 paper.

Rendering: Clip Studio Paint, Photoshop.
This started as a quick drawing in my nephews sketchbook / notepad. He wanted something to colour based on images I did for the Sector 13 - The Fanzine (he was in my house one of the days I was scanning copies of the line work, so I photocopied smaller versions for him to colour). He's only 5 years old though, so he didn't understand how long these things take to draw. I drew it while he was asleep (and while I was re-watching Jurassic Park on Netflix).

I then took a photo of it (I didn't have access to a scanner at the time) and used Clip Studio Paint (all the grey tones) and Photoshop to add colours (Mario).


I recently bought Clip Studio Paint for making comics, so I took this opportunity to practice with it. I spent a day earlier trying to get the shortcuts to match Photoshop.

But I'm not happy with the colours. They seem to be darker than what I get with Photoshop (I use a swatch because I don't trust my own ability to pick base colours). 
I think (or I hope) the problem is that CSP uses CYMK colours for print, but Photoshop (or rather me) uses RGB for internet and has more range.

No comments: