Friday 9 November 2007

First Blog

I'm not really one for blogs, but hopefully this will be the start of a new trend. It might be the excuse I need to do and publish new artwork and animation.

Anyway, I have here some of my animation feats for your viewing pleasure.

...and I said 'pull yourself together!'



Beauty of the Beast




This is my final year film from college. Titled Beauty of the Beast, it is meant to tell the story of an angel who isn't getting much satisfaction from her job. She watches an advertisement on the TV and from then on desires wing enhancements to improve her life.
Okay, I know what you're thinking. That description is pretty weak. So too is the narrative that's in the short film. Basically I had an idea for a revenge film where a one-winged angel goes back to wreak havoc. But I felt that was too cliched so I decided to do something simple and atmospheric, BUT I never took the time to work out the end.

In other words, this film is the result of bad planning.

And be warned, the animation is terrible!



My Show reel (2006)



This is a show reel demonstrating some of my better misadventures with animation. Again there is a fair bit of dodgy animation thrown into the mix, but not all of it is disappointing. The bits that I like in this have to be the girl hopping, the batman (black and white) stuff and Aladdin running.

If you get a chance, you can also find some more (but not much more) of my animation over on deviantART




No comments: