Thursday 8 July 2010

Juliette's Birthday - YFE France

Yesterday was Juliette's birthday. Naturally, like all things, I only discovered that morning. It took me most of the day to figure how I was going to draw her. I then procrastinated for awhile and then eventually thought about what I was going to do for the background.
She had recently returned from an adventure in Tennessee where she visited the Smokey Mountains... and saw a bear.

I added a bit of black and white colour to this image in Photoshop using the Magnetic Lasso tool.
The picture I gave Juliette only had the pencil.

This is what I gave her. I don't have a Wacom at the moment, so I have no choice but to work with what I have... pencils, pens and paper!
It was been years since I had to resort to doing a traditional picture without the complete add of Photoshop. Sure, I used it to put an image of Juliette and an image of the background together, but I usually make a load of mistakes in the inking process that can be fixed later in Photoshop.
I wasn't happy with the end result because the tonal language in the image was pretty much non-existent! But I wanted to give here something worth having.
I still have the 'Line Only' version of this on my computer, so I might possibly colour it at a later date.

Juliette can be found on Myspace where she takes care of the
YFE French Community.
or Alternatively...

No comments: