Tuesday 7 September 2010

Better out there than in here


This picture is far from finished. In fact, this is still in the beginning stages. I have posted it because I don't know when or if I will get around to finishing it.

I was inspired to do this after reading a status post on FaceBook by a Japanese friend. I can't remember word for word what it said, but it went along the lines of "... I live in a negative world looking out on the positive world. I will try harder to be positive..."
That image that came to my mind was of travelers or refugees making their way through a 'negative' city, while looking out on the greener and more 'positive' outside world.

When I have this finished, I am hoping to show a green world in the background that suggests freedom, and a cold harsh futuristic city to suggest being locked away and isolated.

No comments: