Friday 17 September 2010

Sandra and Marjolene's Birthdays


Happy Birthday Sandra and Marjolene!!
This is a late birthday picture. For those who might not know who these two are: Sandra is involved with the YFE Merchandise Store and Marjolene is involved with promoting. Their birthdays were earlier in the week. My time management is all over the place since I came back from my summer in Canada and I didn't quite throw myself into this picture like I normally do.

This is a picture I had in mind for a very long time now. I wanted to do a picture of Sandra in font of the merch store ever since I saw her behind the desk at Canada Music Week (CMW, March 2010). The idea back then was to blur the background (ie. the store) and make it look like one of Miriam's photos.
I wanted to do that picture to thank her for sending me the hat. On the final night of CMW I purchased a hat, problem was it was too small (reminds me of the time I bought hats in Euro Disney now that I think about it). The next day I mentioned it to Sandra, I gave her the hat and she sent me the bigger one. I wanted to pay for the postage but she insisted it was okay... I felt bad, it was my own fault for not showing assertiveness and explaining that I needed the other size (to at least try on). Anyway, I eventually received my new hat, along with a bar of chocolate as an apology for taking so long to post it to me. That chocolate is what got me addicted to Reese Peanut Butter cups. lol. I included a pack of Reese in the picture as a little homage.

The YFE crew wear the orange boiler-suits at live performances (and on the streets during special events) to raise awareness about their "Rock N Rights" organisation that promotes Human rights.

Check out the online YFE boutique here.

No comments: