Thursday 14 March 2013

Féile Scoil Drámaíochta 2013 (backgrounds / props)


From time to time I do art work for the National (primary) School here in town. The Féile Scoil Drámaíochta (School Drama Festival) was coming up and they needed props. This year I was fortunate to have large cardboard packaging boxes to use as backgrounds that can stand on their own. I don't know how to describe the boxes. They had Kodak labels on them and were about the size of A1 sheets, maybe bigger (at least 4ft x 3ft and thin when closed up properly). The school has access to a resource centre in Castlebar which often has these handy boxes as well as paper and other strange bits and bobs.


Snow white and the Seven Dwarfs.
These props were for 1st and 2nd Class (7 - 8 year olds). 


Seven Dwarfs' Beds




These "magic mirrors" were painted on both sides of the same board. During the play, the Queen is unhappy with the mirror's answers to her questions, so the orders a new one.





Untitled (I don't know what the name of this play was).
I also did props for 3rd and 4th Class (9 - 10 year olds). 

I originally did the prop of the window for a christmas play. At the time it was just a window with a simply country scene. The children painted the scene and the curtains. For the Féile Drámaíochta I painted the wallpaper and added some shadows to the curtains.


Magic harp:  A girl stands (in the end she sat on the floor) at the front while
another student sits behind it acting as the musician.
The chairs in the picture are just to help hold it up while I took the photo.


For more information about the Féile Scoil Drámaíochta you can check out the St Attracta's N.S. website.
note: I just did the props mentioned in this blog. My mum was responsible for the costumes. 
And yes, I painted the logo on the school wall a few years ago.

No comments: