Wednesday 25 February 2015

Daily Picture: 7 (coloured)


My new set of Copic Markers arrived this morning, so I decided to try them out on this picture (from earlier).


It was my first time using Copics and I used crap card paper, so needless to say the end result was always going to be far (very far!) from perfect. 
I still have a lot of practice ahead of me.

Seeing this picture in colour, I am mortified by how bad the original drawing was. I was trying to be fancy with a cartoony style (big head on stylised bodies), but I can see this is a mess. Andy's left hand is drawn in such a way that his sleeve is telling me his arm is too short, but the hand itself is close enough. 

I need a lot of pratice with traditional art. I have depended on Photoshop all these years for correcting mistakes.

No comments: