Friday 20 February 2015

Daily Picture: Day 3


Staying with the "30 day drawing challenge" I found on DeviantArt, today's theme is "Favourite Pet or Animal."

I drew my dog, Molly. (Pom Terrier).

She is a bit of a nuisance when it comes to barking. I don't even think she knows why she is barking or what the expected outcome is. She barks at people that come to the house, barks at them when they stop rubbing her, and then barks at them when they are leaving. She even runs up barking to dogs (Boxers) that come into our garden from next door, much bigger than herself. Very gentle dogs actually, but their size can be intimidating.

It got me thinking what other creatures would she stupidly have a stand-off against. 

Drawing animals or nature scenes (or any background scenes) is actually quite challenging for me and I tend to shy away from it, focusing on people instead. That might explain the stiffness of the scene above (very frozen and on display.
Rather than spend loads of time draw a dodgy sketch of just my dog, I went a little further (and maybe the easier route) and drew this scene. It was still tough and I'm not happy with the forest or the bear... or the dog.

I will need to start thinking about colouring some of these pictures.

No comments: