Monday 10 June 2013

More Isometric Concept Art (2011)


Continuing with the Isometric ideas from the summer of 2011, I also toyed with the idea of some locations. I didn't have a story in mind, but there were a few locations or themes I wanted to do for a while. What I was thinking mostly involved epic journeys through isolated villages and dangerous paths through mountains.





The idea behind this village is that it is the last rest point before the massive hike up into the mountains. The location is populated my explorers that managed to survive the journey this far, but still question themselves about travelling further.




Buddhist Temple
This Japanese location is based on Buddhist Temple that is owned and maintained my a firend's father. You can see more of the temple here.  And there is even a 360 view of the temple.


I also wanted to experiment with other locations.


This was inspected by the old Final Fantasy games. The idea is that a hero would finally reach this magical location and do something specific to an altar. That would activate a new path to emerge from the waterfall.





Hospital Ward


A Haunted House

Ha'penny Bridge, Dublin.
For a long time, I had in mind a story involving a lone wanderer exploring a long forgotten Dublin city. A city reclaimed by nature and forgotten by time.


No comments: