Monday 10 June 2013

Old Man of the Island #1 (Rough Concept Sketches)

Island layout

I don't know yet if I will make these posts a regular thing. I started this animation project back in December 2012. At the time, I dedicated 2 weeks to creating a script, rough concept images and one background (I will include that image in my next post). I then put it on the back-burner  until the end of May when I continued another new background. This is one of the projects that may never get finished, but I don't want my work to go to waste. So, from time to time I might post anything I do related to any animation project.

Old Man of the Island (working title)  

The story is about a mysterious man who sets up home on an uninhabited island. He repairs an old bothy and lives there for many years. The only visitors to the island are tourists (during the summer) and fishermen who have agreed to help deliver goods from the mainland.

Without warning or explanation, the tourists and fisherman stop arriving...
 


Old Man's house and small croft

Inside Cave / Make-shift camp

Inside Old Man's house





I am not normally a fan of water-marking pictures, especially pictures not worth stealing, but I am a little excited and paranoid about this project. It is far too soon for the world to see much of this... but then again, knowing me, I might never finish the project and these images would fade away to oblivion on my hard-drive. 

2 comments:

Deirdre Murray said...

Sounds very intriguing Joe just my type of book/story have you much written?

RollingSun2000 said...

Yes, I wrote out a short script before starting on the images and backgrounds. The plan was to make it a 5 or 10 minute animation. It might end up being closer to 10 minutes (if I ever get around to completing it) because of the use of speech bubbles or subtitles for the dialogue instead of using voice actors.

And yes, it would be your type of thing! ;)