Monday 10 June 2013

Your Favorite Enemies (Isometric RPG Perspective) 2011


Back in the summer of 2011, I was working on a series of animations for the band "Your Favorite Enemies."  During a quiet period while waiting for the next script, I created some rough concept art for a different kind of animation. I didn't have a story or anything in mind, I just wanted to see if it would be interesting to do something in an isometric perspective. During that time, FaceBook games such as FarmVille, CityVille and Indiana Jones Adventure World were popular. Although I am not a fan of level grinding time-sink games like them, I like what they do with the isometric layout.

The following are a collection of rough work that wasn't really intended to be a finished representation of anything.


The band, a Buddhist Monk and the band's SFCC mascot.




When I did this group of characters, I had a few things in mind. For a long time I wanted to do a story that involved a young ninja in training that would travel across Japan with a Gorilla King in search of the band.

You can see more of the "ninja in training" in a blog post from 2010.



The band's van and trailer. They used this to travel to Toronto (CMW 2011).
The bike is inspired from the movie Akira (nothing to do with the band, I just like that bike).

Based on the a stage the band performed on while touring China.

The band live in a Church that they renovated into a recording studio.

Church Stage (converted into a make-shift living room area).

Dinning Room

Sleeping Area



No comments: