Friday 10 March 2017

Get well card for Gabby


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2m9Nixy

A friend on twitter told me about a young girl in her small town in Iowa, who had just gotten out of hospital after having surgery for a brain tumour. She now faces a year of chemo too.😥
Thanks to the internet, little Gabby is receiving Get Well cards and postcards from all corners of America and UK. So now she is getting at least one card from Ireland too.
I saw updates on her progress on her mum's FB page. It's incredibly to see her smile after what she is going through.
I was originally going to make it a postcard (it's not very big), but I was worried it would get damaged. Also, the markers I used went straight through the card. So, I just mailed it in an envelope as normal.

Hopefully it will arrive safe and sound and in time for her birthday.

The female character is Viking shieldmaiden Lagertha. On her mum's FB page, someone made a reference to Gabby's hairstyle being similar to that of the Shieldmaidens in the TV show Vikings. Her mum continued to refer to her as a shieldmaiden. Appropriately, considering the bravery and strength needed to get through this.

A random leprechaun, because why not?
R2D2 and Bob the minion: I saw these a few times in photos and a video, so I'm assuming she really likes them (they were by her side in hospital).

No comments: