Wednesday 29 March 2017

Doodle - Edmontosaurus




via Instagram http://ift.tt/2nkn3Gc

Practice sketch of an Edmontosaurus Annectens.
Prehistoric Times posts requests for [free] artwork for their issues and the theme for July’s issue is Edmontosaurus and Kronosaurus.
I’m not use to drawing dinosaurs (I think I keep mentioning that) but I thought it would be fun to set myself a challenge to produce some art for it. They accept fan art from all ages, not just pro paleo-artists, so it’s not an impossible task.




I used a photo from Google images. I thought it was an interesting photo but I later discovered that things like back teeth and the angles of the front of the mouth were hidden or obscured. I should have drawn the head a little longer too.
I just wanted to practice the bone structure and anatomy before attempting a more “fleshed out” version.
I still have a long ways to go, so there could be more posts like this.

Fun Fact: there is an Edmontosaurus named Ruth on display in National Museum Cardiff (Wales, UK).

No comments: