Wednesday 4 October 2017

Inktober 2017: Day 4


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2gejLme

The weather had cleared up by the next day. The hooded stranger made his way around the rest of the island, visiting Ramsey and finishing the day in Peel. 
For such a beautiful ruins (near a long stretch of beach), he never visited a castle that was so difficult to find from the middle of town.
His only choice was to follow the slope of the land down through narrow winding streets in hopes of finding the beach. A number of times he was convinced he was going the wrong way.

====

I'm already starting to cut back on the rendering of the images. I was happy enough with the line work on it's own, but decided to keep it in the style of the previous images... but I'm thinking at some point (maybe next week) just keeping it at line work with no shading (unless absolutely necessary). We will see how it goes.





The process behind my Day 4 Inktober image
I start with a rough pencil sketch. When I'm happy with that, I start inking with a Pentel pocket Brush. I then erase the pencils before adding colour or shading with copic markers.

No comments: