Wednesday 18 October 2017

Inktober 2017: Day 18


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2xXIGAy

The hooded stranger made some progress up the giant’s forearm before it stood up tall again. The climb was going to be harder now and progress was going to be slow. The sword could give him added ability to leap and climb, but the hooded stranger had never meet a kaiju this big before. Maybe this really was Manannán Mac Lir.

====


Landscapes are not my thing. 

Beyond the small island is the Isle of Man. The square blocks in the distance is Port Erin.
I'm hoping people have started noticing the presence of seaweed (kelp) hanging from the giant. I wanted the give the impression that it was living undisturbed at the bottom of the sea. But the kelp in it's hair and beard is important too...
I wanted the giant to have a "living rock" look to him, like a moving cliff, but I ended up taking the path of least resistance and keeping it organic and more like a human. I wish I had the courage to add more details like coral formations and barnacles, the usual features you would find on a shipwreck. 

No comments: