Tuesday 17 October 2017

Inktober 2017: Day 17

via Instagram http://ift.tt/2yXS10e

Something was not quite right about the giant. The hooded stranger could sense an anger or annoyance from it. As he tried to reason with it and convince it to leave, the giant had enough. It slammed it's hand down on top of the hooded stranger. He managed to get enough distance, but it was extremely close. The force of the hand hitting the ground caused a mini earthquake, knocking the hooded stranger (and many of the crowd) to the ground.
The hooded stranger looked back at the hand. He quickly realised this may be the opportunity he needed to climb the giant.
The hooded stranger ran towards the hand...


====

Just when I thought I couldn't get any more unhappier with yesterday's picture, I do this one. I hate this one! So much so that I tried to do it twice. 
This segment of the story could really do with 3 or 4 images, but I didn't want to waste time on images that could potentially be boring and have awkward angles of the giant (as if there weren't enough awkward angles coming down the pipeline). 
The perspective and foreshortening of the hand is very wonky. It's pretty much a boring image. 
I struggled even with the planning of this, trying different angles, moments and actions.


First attempt at day 17 image.
This other image was my first attempt. As I was adding the colour, it started to bug me that the left and and left leg wouldn't be in those positions together. At that point I had already convinced myself that even though the size of the hooded stranger was too big, that it was a play on perspective. Then regret about the arm and leg finally set in, and that was the final straw...





No comments: