Sunday 15 October 2017

Inktober 2017: Day 15 (late)


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2insu9S

The hooded stranger looked back at the crowd. The musician was walking towards him. In his hands was the hooded stranger's own sword which was taken from him back at the B&B. He suspected the musician wasn't too far away when he heard the choir. 
Now with his sword back in his procession, the hooded stranger might be able to turn the tables...


====

This a bit of a cringe image, but it's something I had in mind since the very beginning and built the story around this image, the previous two images (day 13 / 14) and the next image (tomorrow). 
In the originally story (as I have mentioned before) the idea was that the sword the musician and his fiance are giving the hooded stranger would have been a special sword from the museum. After visiting the Manx museum myself since then, I discovered the chances of that would be slim since all the swords are corroded or broken.





Something I'm not sure about (and could do with more feedback on) is the box outline I was including on the images. I was going with a box effect to minimise the amount of space I needed to fill, and to make the images look more interesting in a presentation sense with adding 3D effects to certain elements. It has been suggested that the outline is causing too much of a boxed in effect and it's an opinion I share. For a week or so I felt like I'm making that outline too thick. I originally liked it because it gave the images a "comic-book bursting from the panels" vibe. But if it's hurting the image, I can pull back. For example, here I have it left as pencil. 
I'm hesitant to stop including the box effect completely because I was using it for so long and I want the series to have a consistent look.

No comments: