Monday 16 October 2017

Inktober 2017: Day 16


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2gUsdYt

The hooded man stood before the giant, his sword in the air and glowing. The giant bent down for a closer look at this strange spectacle. 
The hooded stranger began to speak to the giant, or rather shouted at the giant over the roar of the sea and the struggle of his voice being lost to the wind. He spoke in a strange language that resembled Gaelic and Nordic. 

The giant spoke back. It's voice was a sound the crowd watching had never experienced before. Rather than spoken with a voice, the words resonated in everyone's head. A low frequency rumble could be heard / felt, but the words themselves originated within their heads.

The hooded man's expression changed to disappointment. He looked back at the crowd, looking for the mayor. It would seem there was a major misunderstanding a few centuries ago and the mayor knew it... 

====

This is one of those images where I hate it as soon as I finished it. I didn't like the look of the giants face at all. I didn't spend enough time with character design. I tried to fix it afterwards by making the nose slightly longer with white gouache. The copic markers don't cover the gouache very well, but I think I managed to get away with it. The giant is going to be one of those things where consistency will go out the window as the month goes on and I experiment or tweak other features. 
There are so many problems. Part of me wants it to be more symmetrical, but at the same time I'm aware that the giant's head is at 3/4 view and a weird angel. 

No comments: