Thursday 12 October 2017

Inktober 2017: Day 12


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2xD8KG0

A mysterious figure unrolled a blanket and proceeded to lay out a selection of ancient weapons. The hooded stranger recognised them from the Manx museum. The collection consisted of old Viking weapons, corroded or damaged during burial ceremonies. The sword that wasn’t damaged looked to be an ornament, polished and never sharpened. 
The hooded stranger's worry continued to grow. He couldn't use any of these.

The mayor announced to the crowd to step back and clear the area.
====

In my original story (which I created before visiting the Isle of Man) I had intended the weapon dealer to offer a collection of decent weapons and then the hooded stranger would use a weapon from the Manx Museum. Having had a chance to visit the museum during the summer, I discovered that plan might not work out. I discovered that a lot of the swords were damaged. I'm not great are remembering important details, but the swords were damaged during burial ceremonies, I think to prevent grave robbing. I then discovered that the Isle of Man has a Sword of State which I thought would be cool to include into this story. We will see how that goes.

No comments: