Friday 13 October 2017

Inktober 2017: Day 13


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2gExQcT

A loud bellow rumbles out of the fog. The weapon dealer hastily collected his swords and ran to join the onlookers. The hooded stranger could hear the sea swell and crash loudly against the cliff below. A storm was coming, but the wind did not increase. 

Suddenly, a towering figure emerged through the fog. At first, the hooded stranger thought it was a large ship (before quickly remembering they were on top of a cliff). It resembled a moving mountain. The fog began to clear a little, and the hooded stranger got his first glimpse of Manannán mac Lir...


 ====

This was an awkward image. I wanted to avoid portrait layout, but at the same time I wanted to give a sense of this towering giant over them. I failed on both accounts.
I'm planning on doing a landscape scene where you will see the giant compared to the island. He will be more visible and easier to understand. It might be an image I should have done for today (day 13). 
For this one, I originally wanted the giant to be a blurry silhouette in the fog and the crowd huddled around and looking like ants, but I thought that would look boring.
As for the design of the giant, the horns on his head are suppose to look like the horns on a Manx sheep. I will make that clearer as the days go on.  

No comments: