Thursday 6 October 2016

Doodling and Thumb-Nailing


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2dBpNeB

Doodling and thumb-nailing an idea for today's Inktober image. I'm pulled towards doing an scene from Brave. (I can't remember the movie, but I want to draw Merida).

Note to self, don't listen to podcasts while testing ideas.
I was listening to Your Creative Push episode 156 during this. The guest artist Mica Angela Hendricks mentioned her daughter drew a dinosaur body onto a head she had drawn. I normally listen to Your Creative Push when I'm in the middle of a piece but hating what I'm doing. Today I'm struggling with starting and expectations.
With Inktober, I'm now worrying that everyday has to be an awesome picture. But really Inktober is about getting back into the routine of creating and being satisfied with the process, not necessarily the end result. I'm finding the previous interview (ep 155) with Australian artist Abz very helpful.

No comments: