Tuesday 11 October 2016

Inktober 2016: Day 11


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2dLxN0R

Day 11:
The hooded stranger visited the standing stones, to retrieve what was buried long ago.
The stones glowed with ancient markings. The sky turned heavy and the wind grew strong...

=============
I had in mind to have glowing markings all over the stones and the ground (they would have been blue in colour). But I decided it would clutter up the picture. Not to mention I didn't want to cover the picture in poorly drawn circles nor spend forever researching Neolithic art. As you can see, the design on the stones in the foreground are just haphazardly thrown on.

The real Callanish Stones don't have any such engravings. I wanted the markings to be magical, like they came from within the stones. If I was using Photoshop, I would have added all those details with no fear. .
I used a lot of artistic license with the stones. All of them would have towered over the character. But I wanted the center stone to stand out.

No comments: