Thursday 13 October 2016

Inktober 2016: Day 13


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2e3lokZ

Day 13:
The hooded stranger persuaded the fishermen to take him out to the area they spoke of.

As he sat there reading, his thoughts drifted in and out. He wondered was he responsible for the monster when he retrieved the sword? Or was it a case of being in the right place at the right time? The hooded stranger didn't believe in coincidences, but anything was possible...

The sword began to glow. "we are getting close" said the hooded stranger to himself.

______________________________________

Finished not perfect. And this is far from perfect.
I screwed up the perspective on the boat. I ended up drawing the very front of the boat directly under the vanishing point. If I had more experience (and foresight) I would have either made the vanishing point somewhere off the page or just faked the perspective for that bit. D'oh!
But I'm okay with the rest and all its own imperfections.

I had a tough time looking for reference for a boat I had in mind. And many photos (because of the angle) meant a lot of details would over lap, making it hard to tell what angle a pole was at or the direction it was going or what it was joined to. In the end, I went with a mash-up and simplified it down to the bare essentials you see here.

No comments: