Sunday 16 October 2016

Inktober 2016: Day 16


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2eaP1TG

Day 16:
A beam of light shot into the sky, visible by anyone on the islands [who just so happened to be facing that direction]. A few seconds later, a shock wave of celestial energy raced across the sea and reached land.



=========

*I don't know if celestial is the right word yo use there. I wanted to point out it wasn't just a sound wave but had some kind of magical energy in it too.
I made the sea too dark. I wanted contrast in the image, but I think I pushed it too far. The land in the middle ground should be darker than the water.
It only occurred to me when I went to take the photo that I managed to screw up the perspective on the top of the large standing stone (it's above the horizon line so we shouldn't see the top like that). I either wasn't paying attention to the stone, or the scene I had in mind required the horizon line to be much higher on the page.

No comments: