Wednesday 12 October 2016

Inktober 2016: Day 12


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2e3VzR3

Day 12:
To anyone else, it would have sounded like drunken attempts to impress the bar maid.
But the hooded stranger recognised the description. He knew exactly what the fishermen were talking about.


============

There are glaring problems with this.
I had no choice but to attempt a side profile of the barmaid. As I was doing it, I was once again reminded of another head position I tend to avoid. The bar maid looked better in the starting pencil stage, but even then proportion issues existed. Head size aside (something I tend to do to make the image more cartoony and less worthy of judgement. Again with my twisted logic), I had problems with the eyes and nose (and pretty much all of her head).

I left out important details from the bar, such as the pumps. Other than not being able to find good enough photos to help, I felt the bar would be too cluttered and distracting and would hide the hooded stranger.

I used Indian ink on this. Afterwards, I may have learned an important lesson. Don't use good brushes with Indian ink. It's extremely difficult to wash off and may quickly kill your brush. Hopefully I have cleaned my brush enough (Sable, no5).

Finished not perfect.

No comments: