Saturday 15 October 2016

Inktober 2016: Day 14


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2diVF5y

Day 14:
The hooded stranger could now feel its energy himself as the monster rose from the ocean and towered over them. The fishing crew, not as attuned to the energy, were taken by surprise.



===

My first portrait orientation of Inktober!
This is kind of rough, in a way. I used fineliner pens for the boat. Even though that allowed me to get some details in, it still has a rough sketchy look.
The boat and water don't feel readable enough. Maybe if the boat had colour it would stand out more.
Just like the standing stones image, I would have liked some kind of glowing Neolithic design on the fish's armour.

The monster is pretty much a prehistoric fish called a Dunkleosteus. I tweaked the design here and there (made it a lot bigger than it ever really was, gave it horns and changed the chest plate). The design of the fish came to mind before I knew its name. I guess it's one of those creatures I filed away in my mind. I had hoped there was a living creature that matched its description.
Finished not perfect.

No comments: