Monday 10 October 2016

Inktober 2016: Day 10


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2ebS4MH

Day 10:
The hooded stranger arrives.
If his imagination didn't deceive him, he could have swore the plane came down sideways before straightening at the last second. Or maybe he hoped it was his imagination. It was definitely the bumpiest flight he was ever on.

====
I'm trying to add a running story element to my illustrations for this week. I'm finding it uncomfortable to post stuff I like to fall back on in case they get judged harder (drawing people everyone knows only highlights my weaknesses easier).

I regret keeping the stranger's hood up. I played around with the idea of having it down, but I wanted him to be mysterious and recognisable. It didn't pay off though, so I will lose it as the week goes on.
I also regret adding the white pen to highlight him. Lessons learned.

This was my second attempt at this image. I mentioned on Day 9 that I had a failed attempt. So I changed the composition a bit here. I think this works better (it is closer to what I had in my head).


For anyone interested, this was the failed Day 09 picture.

I already mentioned how I screwed up the shadows and I wasn't happy with the line quality and composition.

No comments: